Professional Massage Therapy in Your Home or at My Offices
Serving NYC, Long Island, Wantagh, Nassau County, NY
Eugene Wood, Licensed and Certified Massage Therapist
"Massage therapist only starts to describe Eugene Wood’s ability to facilitate the healing process. His extensive knowledge of the body’s anatomy and energy pathways, coupled with his intuitive nature, create a remarkable healing experience.
With Eugene’s commitment to helping his clients release deep seated pain, stress, and tension, I have found relief from chronic, constricting back pain. While the physical body relaxes, I have also found emotions stored on a cellular level have discharged, as well.
Eugene is a gifted healer."
Ayurvedic Massage Therapy in NYC and Wantagh NY
How an Ayurvedic Massage Therapist Can Improve Your Health
Another major concept in Ayurvedic medicine and massage is that of marmas. Marmas are pressure points, which are similar to acupressure points. It's the perfect remedy for many forms of pain, especially those relating to ligaments, muscles, and the nervous system. This type of massage has existed for centuries.
Ancient Indian doctors frequently used these techniques, especially on soldiers and warriors. During their training it helped with limb manipulation and agility.
Ayurvedic Massage Therapy Treatments
Ayurvedic massage therapy treatments are used to remove the embedded toxins in the body which cause illness and discomfort. The use of warmed oil, continuous stroke techniques, is a relaxing experience, and can treat many common problems.
- Massage treatments remove unwanted toxins from the body. The therapist does the detoxification with the use of oil. Toxins can affect the function of both physical organs and the mind. Dispersing the toxins will oxygenate the brain, improve blood circulation, and relieve tense muscles.
- The aging process can be slowed down with Ayurvedic treatments. The massage therapist uses a combination of techniques that help with vision, fatigue, and circulation.
- Fatigue brought on by life's hard work can be relieved.
- Ayurvedic Therapy can have a positive affect on nervous system afflictions. The massage therapist may do a head massage with oils to de-stress the body and strengthen the nervous system by increasing the flow of cerebral and spinal fluids.
- This massage treatment can improve eyesight. The massage techniques used by the therapist will relieve eyestrain which weakens the vision.
- Regular treatments nourish the body. This results in an overall healthier well-being. The massage stimulation even nourishes the hair root, increasing the hair growth.
- Ayurvedic treatments promote sleep. The therapist's techniques distress the body and relieve pain. Having no stress allows one to get a better night's sleep.
Health Benefits of Ayurvedic Massage Therapy
This type of massage relieve pain, increase circulation, and will improve the lymphatic system. This is accomplished by releasing the life force flow in order to revitalize and cleanse the individual. The oils used by the massage therapist both nourish and detoxify. It can also relieve stress and encourage positive emotions. Other health benefits of Ayurvedic Therapy can be achieved through specific forms of this type of massage.
- Srotabhyanga Massage helps with circulation problems, water retention, an excess of toxins, and tiredness. This massage is focused on the legs.
- Marma Massage activates circulation and strengthens the brain's function. This is done while calming the body, soul, and mind.
- Champi Massage is a head massage. Effects are felt during and after the procedure. Along with relieving stress, it removes neck, head, and back pain.
- Padabhyanga Massage is a traditional Indian foot massage. It can improve a headache, get rid of insomnia, and lower nervousness.
Contact Eugene Wood, Ayurvedic Massage Therapist
Ayurvedic Massage Therapy
What is Ayurvedic Massage Therapy?
Ayurveda is often translated as "the science of life" and has been practiced in India over 5,000 years. The basic premise of Ayurvedic medicine and this massage treatment is that illness occurs because of an imbalance of one or more of the bodies systems, whether physical, emotional, energetic, or spiritual. Another concept is that each person has a particular body type. There are three different body types and constitution called Doshas; Kapha, Pitta, and Vatta.
"An Ayurvedic Massage Treatment is a full-body massage that uses oils with infused herbs to remove toxins and provide deep relaxation. As an Ayurvedic Massage Therapist, I can help overcome pain, especially those relating to ligaments, muscles, and the nervous system."
-Eugene Wood, LTM
Each massage therapist must understand the five elements of health and balance in order to be qualified. The five elements are air, ether, fire, water, and earth. Based on Ayurveda, this approach to health and healing has a more holistic background, focusing on the mental and physical well-being of an individual.
The Therapist will be trained in a complete study of massage and the techniques used in this form. Courses include subjects such as ethics, introduction to Marma, compassion, and the study of Ayurveda. They must learn proper techniques for all aspects of this massage type. A qualified massage therapist can evaluate one's health and choose the correct treatment best suited for your needs. They will know the correct oils to use, and be able to implement soothing and heeling techniques.
Eugene Wood is a trained and qualified therapist in this technique. Contact him today and he can discuss your individual problems with you, deciding on the proper treatment to detoxify your system and put your physical and mental health back in balance.
Ayurvedic Massage is a type of massage that loosens toxins from the body while providing a deep relaxation. The goal is to restore balance, calm the mind, and create harmony, using the body's own capability.
This is a full body massage that uses oils with infused herbs. The basic oil used is Sesame oil, as it is a very neutral and balanced oil that can be used with any body type (Dosha).
Locations: Long Island 2050 Wantagh Ave., Wantagh, NY 11793 | New York City Institute of Physical Therapy, 30 W. 60th St, Apt. 1C
Page Updated On: 7/21/2016
Institute of Physical Therapy
30 W. 60th St, Apt. 1C
Phone: (917) 952-8052
Center for the Alignment of Body, Mind, and Spirit
2050 Wantagh Ave.
Phone: (917) 952-8052